U: drive and Multiple Services
Audience: All Students and Staff
From 10:00pm Wednesday 24 May until 5:00am Thursday 25 May, there will be an upgrade of storage hardware during the regular Wednesday night IT maintenance period.
As a result, U:drive will be unavailable for multiple areas during this time (full list of areas detailed below).
To ensure no impact to any files during the outage, please advise staff to save and close all open documents on their computer before they leave on these two dates.
A number of services (full list below) will also be unavailable during these outage periods.
U:drive will be unavailable for the following areas:
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Health
- Creative Industries Faculty
- Division of Administrative Services
- Division of International and Development
- Division of Technology, Information and Library Services
- QUT Bluebox
- Student shares for students from Business, Creative Industries, Education, Health and QUT International College.
The following services will also be unavailable:
- QUT HR system
- QUT IHBI eStore
- QUT Media Warehouse
- UCC Installation Media Share
- LETS Definitive Media Library, Standard Operating Environment Library, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
The following services will also be unavailable until 6am Thursday 25 May.
- eStore including some staff and student Home (H:) drives
- Corporate Printing (HLTH, LAW, SEF)
- My IT Requests (HEAT)
- IAS Service
- Various CIF Applications
- Various Health Applications
- Various QIC Applications
- Business Objects - Business Intelligence
Following the upgrade, all services should return to normal function.